Bryn Tanat Hall is located in a peaceful rural location in Wales and is an ideal base to explore the beautiful countryside of Powys. Also within easy reach are neighbouring Shropshire and Snowdonia and good links to the motorway networks make Chester, Liverpool or Manchester a great day out.
The nearest shops are in Llansantffraid less than 2 miles away.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Twin beds
- Right hand transfer to bed (by prior request)
- Left hand transfer to bed (by prior request)
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom (the furniture can be re-configured to suit guests individual needs and to create the maximum turning space possible please consult with owners prior to booking)
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer (not adjoining but within hearing distance)
- Low level rail in wardrobe
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room (spacious)
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room (good turning space)
- Room for carer/carers in shower room (two carers if required)
- Grab rails in shower room (horizontal rail only by the toilet)
- Easy access to wash basin (The basin is of an excellent size however at present has a cabinet beneath so wheelchair users cannot get underneath clearance)
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair (see photo)
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (ramped see photo)
- Low level check-in counter (meet and greet service which includes an induction for the property)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Level/ramped access to dining room (level)
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
This period property, once part of the Aber Tanat estate now offers groups of up to 20 people a unique holiday experience. Although the property is primarily let as self catering, by prior arrangement bespoke holiday packages which include fine dining and a range of activities such as falconry can be arranged, for further details check out the actvities and dining pages on the owners website by clicking on the the link above. As well as the designated accessible bedroom on the ground floor, nearby there is a second twin bedded room accessed up a couple of steps (which could be ideal for a carer/carers) and 8 more bedrooms are located on the first and second floors.
This is a large, beautiful and atmospheric building which has been skilfully refurbished to combine high specification whilst retaining its period charm. The ground floor includes two formal dining rooms, one of which is extremely spacious and suitable for parties, two lounges and a snooker room. The portable suitcase ramp which is used to enable wheelchair access into the property is easily relocated to provide step free access for wheelchair users (with assistance) down to the lower lounge and snooker room (see photo).
Wheelchair access to the attractively landscaped grounds is around the side of the building across a compacted surface which has a very shallow and wheelable gravel top dressing.
Step inside and the hallway suggests country pursuits with lots of room for coats and wellies! Then begin to discover the Hall. The huge modern kitchen leads off to your left then onto the cosy lounge and the snooker room. Turn right from the hallway and discover the elegant dining room, family lounge and the Terrace Room - big enough for any large group to dine but also ideal for corporate get togethers and conferences.
You will appreciate our attention to detail; log fires, the baby grand piano, a well-stocked library, antiques, stylish lighting, stunning wallpapers, silks and velvets. And the little touches; fresh flowers, satellite tv, wi fi. Choosing one of the fourteen bedrooms can be hard - a ground floor room with a huge wet room, a grand opulent room with six foot antique carved wooden bed or the quirky family room right at the top of the house? We can accommodate 28 guests and whichever room you choose, you can be sure of utmost comfort and the little touches that make a stay memorable -Egyptian cotton bed linen, clock radio ipod docking stations, Elemis toiletries, bathrobes and the thickest, fluffiest towels and proper reading lights.
It may take all afternoon to discover all the nooks and crannies of the Hall but you will find more than enough room for the largest group of family and friends. Then step outside to discover the grounds and gardens, you are only a step away from the Hot Tub, Games Room and Sports Court.
This Accessible Accommodation in Wales is suitable for large group of families.
Mobility Equipment is available, which includes disability aids and hoists which are provided for free.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in