This specially converted self-catering cottage is perfect for disabled holidays in Cornwall, providing fully wheelchair accessible accommodation with free use of all mobility equipment. Set in mid-Cornwall on a small family run grassland farm, ideally positioned to explore breathtaking coastlines, beautiful gardens and a multitude of nationally acclaimed attractions.
Treworgans Farm Holidays comprise of two specially converted and tastefully furnished cottages. All doorways to accessible rooms are a MINIMUM of 770mm (most are over 800mm wide). All showers are wet-room style with NO step into shower area, kitchens have accessible hob and sink and 850mm wide x 350mm deep and 700mm high clear space under for wheelchair access. Light switches and electrical sockets at 1000mm.
Available for guest's use are BHM mobile hoists which have the same sling attachments as Oxford type hoists (please bring your own sling/harness), electric 4-section profiling beds which can either have a foam pressure mattress or a Softform Active 2 dynamic air mattress, wheeled shower chairs, shower-chair commode, high back chairs with arms, bed height raisers, toilet seat raisers and a kitchen perching stool. Other more specialist equipment can he hired from a local supplier.
- Wheelchair turning circle of 1300mm.
- Doors have 760mm clear opening.
- Close pile carpet flooring which is excellent for wheelchairs.
- Light switches at 1100mm and electrical sockets at 900mm.Each shower-room is wet room style with high specification non slip flooring fitted in the wetrooms and bathrooms.
- Doors have 760mm clear opening.
- Fully adjustable thermostatically controlled shower.
- Wheeled and legged shower chairs are available, please enquire.
- Basins have rims between 740mm and 760mm from floor level, quarter turn lever action taps and wheelchair access beneath.
- Wheelchair turning circle of 1500mm.
- Toilets have a drop-down support arm and side grab rail.
- Light pulls are at 1100mm.
- Shelving trolley on wheels.
Buzzard Watch is a single storey cottage which sleeps 4, with full access for wheelchair users. Both bedrooms have ensuite facilities (one having a level access shower). The bedrooms can either be twin bedded or super-king size. The exposed roof timbers give a spacious and airy feel to the living areas and large patio doors lead off to the private patio area. This area can also be accessed directly from one of the bedrooms. The kitchen is fully equipped and there is electric central heating throughout in addition to a wood burner in the sitting room. One extra Z bed is available for a small fee. A wide range of mobility equipment is available to make your stay more comfortable.
- Two 4 section electric profiling beds (with bed sides if needed)
- Profiling beds can have Softform Active 2 Air Mattress or Softform Premier Pressure
- Relieving foam mattress
- Two 160kg Electric hoists (You will need to bring you own sling)
- Two Riser-recliner chairs
- Self propelled wheeled shower chair
- Assisted wheeled shower chair
- Commode attachments for the shower chairs above
- Padded seat cushion for either of the wheeled shower chairs
- Non wheeled shower chair/stool
- Bed sides (for non electric bed)
- Easyleaver bed rail
- Over-bed table
- Monkey pole
- Bed/table leg raisers
- Toilet seat risers
- Bath boards
- Portable toilet surround rail
- Standing patient turner
- Portable alarm system
Anyone looking for a holiday that will suit the whole family - chill out, enjoy nature, meet new friends and lots more!
Food and Drink
There are disabled friendly pubs and restaurants nearby.
Commode shower chairs, hoists, scooters and other mobility equipment are available for hire. This must be arranged at the
time of booking your holiday.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in