This specially converted self-catering cottage is perfect for disabled holidays in Cornwall, providing fully wheelchair accessible accommodation
with free use of all mobility equipment. Set in mid-Cornwall on a small family run grassland farm, ideally positioned to explore breathtaking
coastlines, beautiful gardens and a multitude of nationally acclaimed attractions.
All doorways to accessible rooms are a
MINIMUM of 770mm (most are over 800mm wide). All showers are wet-room style with NO step into shower area, kitchens have accessible hob
and sink and 850mm wide x 350mm deep and 700mm high clear space under for wheelchair access. Light switches and electrical sockets at
Available for guest's use are BHM mobile hoists which have the same sling attachments as Oxford type hoists (please bring your own sling/harness), electric 4-section profiling beds which can either have a foam pressure mattress or a Softform Active 2 dynamic air mattress, wheeled shower chairs, shower-chair commode, high back chairs with arms, bed height raisers, toilet seat raisers and a kitchen perching stool. Other more specialist equipment can he hired from a local supplier.
- Wheelchair turning circle of 1300mm.
- Doors have 760mm clear opening.
- Close pile carpet flooring which is excellent for wheelchairs.
- Light switches at 1100mm and electrical sockets at 900mm.Each shower-room is wet room style with high specification non slip flooring fitted in the wetrooms and bathrooms.
- Doors have 760mm clear opening.
- Fully adjustable thermostatically controlled shower.
- Wheeled and legged shower chairs are available, please enquire.
- Basins have rims between 740mm and 760mm from floor level, quarter turn lever action taps and wheelchair access beneath.
- Wheelchair turning circle of 1500mm.
- Toilets have a drop-down support arm and side grab rail.
- Light pulls are at 1100mm.
- Shelving trolley on wheels.
Valley View sleeps 6 and features reverse level accommodation. The open plan living room has a spacious and airy feel created by its exposed
beams. There is a cozy wood burner to supplement the electric central heating. There are three bedrooms all of which are ensuite and can be either
twin or super king. Although this is a two storey cottage one of the bedrooms (with a level access wetroom) is on the same level as the main living
accommodation therefore creating rooms which are accessible to all. A private patio area, which is equipped with seating and barbecue, can be
reached directly from the main living room. Two extra Z beds are available for a small fee.
- Two 4 section electric profiling beds (with bed sides if needed)
- Profiling beds can have Softform Active 2 Air Mattress or Softform Premier Pressure
- Relieving foam mattress
- Two 160kg Electric hoists (You will need to bring you own sling)
- Two Riser-recliner chairs
- Self propelled wheeled shower chair
- Assisted wheeled shower chair
- Commode attachments for the shower chairs above
- Padded seat cushion for either of the wheeled shower chairs
- Non wheeled shower chair/stool
- Bed sides (for non electric bed)
- Easyleaver bed rail
- Over-bed table
- Monkey pole
- Bed/table leg raisers
- Toilet seat risers
- Bath boards
- Portable toilet surround rail
- Standing patient turner
- Portable alarm system
Anyone looking for a holiday that will suit the whole family - chill out, enjoy nature, meet new friends and lots more!
Food and Drink
There are disabled friendly pubs and restaurants nearby.
Commode shower chairs, hoists, scooters and other mobility equipment are available for hire. This must be arranged at the
time of booking your holiday.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in