Birch Lodge is just one of six lodges that are set in the heart of a secluded forest glade, located within the heart of The National Forest in South Derbyshire. The existing woodland on the site was supplemented with a large number of young trees in the 1990's and the centre now provides an outdoor attraction with a wide variety of things to do and places to explore.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Accessible Twin beds
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Put-u-up bed for carer (There is an additional double sofa bed in the lounge)
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
On - Site Facilities
- Wheelchair accessible shower room (Very large)
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for right transfer to toilet
- Space for left transfer to toilet
- Accessible Fishing
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (Level)
- Low level check-in counter (Meet and greet can be arranged)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Emergency pull cord (In all bedrooms)
- Level/ramped access to dining room (Level)
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
The lodge is spacious and offers two bedrooms one twin and one that can either be set as singles, twins or king size double. Each of the timber cabins are situated in their own beautiful woodland setting with all the amenities of the forestry centre on hand, including a wealth of woods, meadows, trails, bird hides, ponds, a sensory garden and play areas to explore. This lodge has specially adapted accessible wet rooms with separate toilets. Kitchen areas with low level cooker, oven and dishwasher. They also benefit from an accessible decking area where you can relax, take in the views, the rich wildlife and even enjoy a barbeque.
For self-catering accommodation in a log cabin with its own wildlife haven, Birch Lodge is the place to be. A two- bedroom wooden lodge with disabled access; the beds can either be twin singles or king size doubles. The specially adapted wet room with separate toilet is wheelchair acessible. This lodge has additional decking, making it ideal for lazy days of summer relaxing and barbeques.
- 2 Bedrooms
- Sleeps 4 + sofa bed
- 1 Bathrooms with showers (no bath)
- Bedroom 1 – 1 King size double
(can be 2 single beds)
- Bedroom 2 – 2 Single Beds
- Sofa Bed in Lounge
Suitable for anyone who is looking for a comfortable accommodation with plenty of things to do.
Food and Drink
Theres a cafe onsite for guests.
Please call us in advance if you require mobility equipment during your stay.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in