The bungalow is nestled in the heart of the beautiful traditional Peak District village of Birchover just a few minutes drive from Bakewell and Chatsworth. Birchover is at the southern edge of the Peak District National Park and is the perfect hub from which to explore the Peak District.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Accessible Twin beds
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer
- Adjustable/electrically operated bed
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Bed rails available
- Put-u-up bed for carer
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for right transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
- Accessible counter/cutlery if self service
This is a level access bungalow and has recently been converted to fully accessible and has hard floors, wide doorways, large flat paved patio area front and back, wheelchair ramp, wet bathroom and visually impaired friendly paint scheme. Outside is private parking and large flat slabbed areas front and rear. The rear is very private and a beautiful slabbed suntrap retreat with picnic table and barbecue, and views over open countryside.
The property has specialist equipment including a Navcare Medley ergo electric profile bed with Medipro plus Comfort mattress in one bedroom. This room can also be turned into a sensory room. A wheelchair friendly wet bathroom with shower chair and handrails, raised toilet and wheelchair friendly sink.
The bungalow is in a private location in the heart of the beautiful traditional Peak District village of Birchover Derbyshire and a few minutes drive from Bakewell and Chatsworth. It is located centrally and just a few minutes walk from both of the village pubs. It is the perfect base for exploring the Peak District.
The single room can also be turned into a sensory room with lighting if required. The accommodation providers can loan you a Spacecraft LED bubble tube, Spacecraft projector with sensory solutions disk, and a fibre optic sensory light spread.
The owners have put a lot of thought into the specially converted property making it fully accessible incorporating hard floors, wide doorways, wheelchair ramp, wetroom and even using a paint scheme that will be friendly to their visually impaired guests.
The bungalow has a large open plan lounge with an electric riser/recliner chair and a rocking chair. Outside there are large flat slabbed areas to the front and rear. The rear is very private and it is a south facing level paved area with an accessible picnic table and barbecue with views over open countryside.
There is parking for one vehicle at the property, access is down a 30 metre single track. It is important to note that if you unload on the right or behind you will need to reverse down the drive and drive out. If you unload on the left you will need to drive in and reverse out.
Perfect for small families or couples- great area - loads for kids. Ideal base for exploring Peak District 10 mins from Chatsworth & Bakewell.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Call 03333 355615
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in