Nestled amongst the workings of our dairy farm are two cottages. They offer the perfect escape to the hustle and bustle of city life. Nearby, level off road trails make easy access for wheelchair users, cyclists and gentle walks. Come and experience the beauty of the local area, the day to day goings on of a working farm and all the comforts of a traditional cottage. After long days exploring, spend cosy nights by the living flame gas fire.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Low level rail in wardrobe
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
Originally housing the farm pigs but converted to a cow shed, many years ago it became redundant when animal housing needs changed. It now offers quality self catering holiday accommodation with excellent facilities for the less able bodied. With beamed ceilings and central heating throughout, this is a holiday cottage ideal for a relaxing break at any time of year.
Access is well provided for by large, gently sloping ramps complete with sturdy handrails. The cottage offers two lovely bedrooms - a king sized bedroom and a twin room, both are tastefully furnished in pine. There is sufficient clear space under the beds to allow for the use of your hoist if you choose to bring one and lots of thought has been given to detail to aid the less able guest without compromise to style e.g. specially designed wardrobes with shelving and lower clothes rails, light switches within easy reach and doors that don't get in the way.
The shower room offers a wet floor shower with height adjustable shower head, hand support rail, basin complete with lever style taps and the cleverest plug you'll ever see. The toilet is specially designed for easy access with plenty of transfer space & support rails and an easy to use push button flush.
The living area is open plan with a light oak fitted kitchen with washing machine, electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer and all the utensils of a working kitchen provided. An elegant glass display cabinet finishes this lovely kitchen and a pine dining table and chairs grace the dining area.
The feature of the lounge area is the oak beamed fireplace with living flame cast iron stove giving the feel of a real fire without the work! Our comfortable suite to unwind in and a TV, DVD, radio/CD/cassette player for your entertainment all help to make your stay an enjoyable one.
If you are looking for a quality assured self catering holiday cottage that offers excellent facilities for the less able bodied in the Peak District of Derbyshire we are sure that this is the place for you.
Suitable for anyone who is looking for a comfortable accommodation with plenty of things to do.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Call 03333 355615
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in