The lodge is nestled in 10 acres of peaceful Devon countryside, which overlook the private 1.5 acre course fishing lake. Situated in Ashwater near Beaworthy the lodges are just under 15 miles from Bude.
If you are looking for a holiday in Devon and have a disability then all this lodge is purpose built to be fully accessible so it is an ideal place to stay if you have reduced mobility or if you are a wheelchair user. There is a pathway to the lake and through the orchard area which is stoned underneath so that wheelchair and mobility scooter users can explore the lovely surroundings.
- No steps in the lodges, around the site or in the public areas
- Extra wide doorways in the lodges and other facilities for wheelchair users (minimum 800mm)
- Open plan living areas with plenty of space for wheelchairs
- A low level kitchen work surface in each lodge for wheelchair users
- Pedestal or pull out extending dining tables
- Wheelchair accessible terraces
- Lever taps in all wet rooms and kitchens
- Roll-in wet rooms with grab rails for the basin, toilet and shower
- Curtained shower areas for extra manoeuvring space
- Parking areas adjacent to each lodge entrance
- Large covered porch areas for mobility equipment storage
- External electric sockets in porches for scooter/wheelchair charging
- Fully accessible public areas: swimming pool and games room
- Hoist and wide steps to access the swimming pool
- Accessible changing room showers in swimming pool
The master bedroom has a king-sized bed and patio doors to the wooden terrace overlooking the lake and countryside beyond. The second bedroom has twin beds. Each bedroom has built in wardrobes and a dressing table or dressing chest of drawers. All beds have Egyptian cotton bedding.
There is a wet-room with a power shower and all lodges have individually-controlled central heating systems. Outside there is a South-facing wooden deck which can be accessed by patio doors from both the lounge and the master bedroom with lovely views across the lake to the fields and woodland beyond. There is a car parking space immediately outside the lodge and a large, covered porch for storing your walking boots, bicycles, surfboards or mobility equipment. There is also access to a washing line and a barbecue area.
It features an open plan living room with three piece leather suite, contemporary flame effect fire and a flatscreen HD TV with built-in DVD/CD player. There is a dining table which can accommodate 4 people and the kitchen includes a cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
Fantastic for disabled families and couples.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Call 03333 355615
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in