Located in the heart of beautiful rural Dorset in the peaceful hamlet of Woolland, Ellwood Cottages are outstanding conversions of three traditionally built barns, in a courtyard setting. Named after Dorset writers Hardy, Barnes and Blyton, the wheelchair-accessible cottages have been lovingly restored to provide comfortable, tastefully furnished, year-round, single storey self catering holiday accommodation for disabled people, their families, friends and carers. Outdoors there are spacious landscaped gardens with tables and chairs for guests use, providing stunning views across fields with farm animals and wildlife, to Bulbarrow Hill and Ibberton Hill.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Twin beds
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Low level rail in wardrobe
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for right transfer to toilet (state preference on booking as cottages vary)
- Space for left transfer to toilet (state preference on booking as cottages vary)
On - Site Facilities
- Accessible Pool
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Emergency pull cord
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
On site there is a lovely recreation room with numerous books, games for all ages and musical instruments, plus there is an indoor heated Splash Pool open from April - September.
Everywhere is fully wheelchair accessible. There are no steps and all doors have 760mm clear opening. All showers are
wet-room style, kitchens have accessible hob and sink with front controls and 850mm wide x 350mm deep and 700mm high clear space
under for wheelchair access. Light switches are at 1100mm and electrical sockets at 900mm. Push-pull doors for easy opening
and closing rather than awkward handles to be turned.
Available for guests use are Oxford Advance mobile hoists (please bring your own sling/harness) wheeled shower chairs, shower-chair commode,
high back chairs with arms, bed height raisers, toilet seat raisers and a kitchen perching stool. Beds can be zip-linked together to create a super king-size bed. There is also a new Bello Sonno profiling bed in the property available for guests' use.
Sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms - all single beds.
There is a cosy living/dining room, a fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, microwave, hob and oven. The property includes free Wi-Fi internet access. The shower room is wet-room style and everywhere is fully wheelchair accessible and ideally suitable for the less able bodied.
No pets allowed, however, Assistance dogs welcome. There is a 'no-smoking' policy throughout the cottages and all other buildings.
Suitable for all. Plenty of things to do.
Please call us in advance if you require mobility equipment during your stay.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in