This is a fully accessible, detached, self-catering cottage, on the outskirts of Lymington, surrounded by the New Forest National Park. This 1920s-style bungalow has been completely renovated to offer purpose built accommodation - it offers level access throughout, with its own private drive and secure rear garden with a large paved patio area. It is the ideal location for a quiet, relaxing holiday - being fully detached, you can enjoy a BBQ on the patio in the sunshine, or you can curl up in the lounge and take time to unwind with a flat screen television, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access, and the watch the flames flicker from the wood burning stove.
Lymington has many restaurants, public houses and takeaways and lots of individual shops, as well as some national stores. Discover the hidden park behind the shops or visit a market which is held every Saturday from 8am till 4pm. A map with directions is included with your cottage. The New Forest National Park is on your doorstep, where 93,000 acres of forest are waiting for you to explore. See the New Forest ponies wondering through some of the villages, walk through the enclosures and see if you can spot a deer, park up in one of the many New Forest car parks and enjoy a picnic. Suggested routes are in the holiday cottage ready for you.
- All accommodation is level, on the ground floor, with no ramps or steps. All lights and plugs are situated in an easy reach position.
- Space and a charging point for any scooters.
- The outside door has a clear access of 780 mm (30½ inches) and all internal doors are 870 mm (34 inches).
- The floor is laid to short pile carpet with gripped vinyl flooring in the wet room and kitchen spaces.
- The dining table and chairs are folding, with the chairs stored under.
- The open plan fitted kitchen has lowered work surface at the hob and sink with wheel in open space under. Dual height worktops - 920 mm (36 inches) and 795 mm (31 inches).
- The toilet has drop down hand rails on both sides, and space for lateral transfer. Hand rail height 735mm (29 inches). The toilet is a standard height toilet - 420mm high (16.5 inches). A separate raised toilet seat (with and without a frame) can be found in the garage if required.
- The wash hand basin can be raised or lowered into a comfortable position for washing.
- The bathroom features an H ceiling hoist allowing for access around the bathroom.
- There is a 175cm wall mounted hinged changing stretcher with adjustable back rest, which folds back against the wall, and can be used in the shower area. The H Hoist can be used to position the guest as required, it is at a height of 75 cm.
- Main bedroom: a standard electric foot and head riser beds which is 560mm (22" high), and one profiling/carers bed, which is height adjustable. This bed has adjustable bed rails fitted, they can also be removed. There is a ceiling hoist provided, with a two point spreader bar, it is suitable for up to 130 kilos.
- Second bedroom: two standard electric foot and head riser beds. Beds are 560mm (22 inches) high. Can be pushed together to make a large king size bed on request. There is a 3rd bed is this room – a standard single bed.
- Bed recommended capacity 21 stone.
- A variety of equipment is available.
The self-catering accommodation comprises of an open-plan kitchen, lounge, dining area, small conservatory, large wet room, and two bedrooms. The dining area includes a gate legged dining table and four chairs (additional chairs in the conservatory). This is folded down to maximise space. Throughout the open-plan living area, there is plenty of turning space. The lounge has comfortable seating, including an electric riser/recliner chair, 2 two seater leather style sofas, and a wood burning stove - perfect to relax in front of during an autumn or winter break (you will also find a small supply of wood for the fire). There is a television with an inbuilt DVD player. And, a selection of books and leaflets on the New Forest to help plan your holiday.
The main bedroom can accommodate two people, with the secondary able to accommodate three – with a standard bed, and two electric beds which can be made up either as twin or a single king-sized bed. This room can accommodate a baby in a travel cot if required. Rooms include a wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets, and an alarm clock.
Outside is a lovely level patio with a table and chairs in the secure private garden which is mainly laid to lawn. There is a garage which contains a tumble drier which you are welcome to use. Complimentary Wi-Fi is included, with the password in the welcome guide.
The kitchen is fully equipped, having split level work surfaces, electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge with small freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. All kitchen utensils, cutlery and china are supplied. Dogs are welcome, as the cottage has its own private garden - although they are subject to additional charge. All bed-linen, towels, and tea towels, along with gas central heating, hot water and Wi-Fi internet access is included in the price.
Adults, families, and couples.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in