This is a semi-detached bungalow providing self-catering holiday accommodation on the outskirts of Lymington, just 2 miles from the New Forest National Park. It is purpose built holiday accommodation, in a lovely quiet location, with modern furnishing and all those home from home touches that help make your holiday easy and relaxing. Designed for up to 2 guests.
Lymington has many restaurants, public houses and takeaways and lots of individual shops, as well as some national stores. Discover the hidden park behind the shops or visit a market which is held every Saturday from 8am till 4pm. A map with directions is included with your cottage. The New Forest National Park is on your doorstep, where 93,000 acres of forest are waiting for you to explore. See the New Forest ponies wondering through some of the villages, walk through the enclosures and see if you can spot a deer, park up in one of the many New Forest car parks and enjoy a picnic.
You will find parking and turning space, all hard standing on tarmac and easy level access to your front door, there is a charging point for electric scooters. All on the ground floor, level access throughout, and giving turning space for wheelchairs. The fully accessible wet room comes with an adjustable height basin for your comfort, has plenty of room for a wheelchair, and the accessible raised toilet has drop down hand rails. Shower wheelchairs and wet room seats are available to borrow for your stay.
- The outside door has a clear access of 775 mm (31½ inches) and all internal doors are 890 mm (35 inches).
- All lights and plugs are situated in easy reach positions.
- The floor is laid to short pile carpet with gripped vinyl flooring in the wet room and kitchen spaces.
- Both standard electric foot and head riser beds are 560mm (22 inches high). All beds have a recommended maximum weight of 21 stone (133kg).
- There is a ceiling hoist provided which moves across the centre of both beds, with a two point spreader bar. It is suitable for up to 130 kilos.
- The toilet has drop down hand rails either side and space for lateral transfer. Hand rail height 735mm (29 inches).
- The toilet is a standard height toilet - 420mm high (16.5 inches). A separate raised toilet seat (with and without a frame) is available on request, and wheeled shower chairs can be used over the toilet if required.
- The wash hand basin is on a gas cylinder which means it can be raised or lowered into a comfortable position for washing.
- The open plan fitted kitchen has lowered work surface at the hob and sink with wheel in open space under. Dual height worktops - 920 mm (36 inches) and 795 mm (31 inches).
- The property offers a variety of equipment for use during your stay, including shower chairs, support stools, walkers, wheelchairs, hoists, and standaids - including the Sara Steady.
The cottage features a large open-plan lounge, dining area, and kitchen, with a light and airy bathroom, and a wet room. Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access is available. The lounge comes equipped with colour television, and inbuilt DVD player. Comfortable chairs, including an electric riser/recliner chair and a small sofa, a gate leg dining table, and chairs. All decorated to a modern standard.
The bedroom’s beds are electric independently operated foot and head riser beds and can be made up as either as twin beds or king-sized bed, with access on both sides of the bed. Included are cabinets, an alarm clock, and a wardrobe.
Outside the cottage there is are two shared garden areas, one mainly laid to lawn in front, and another shared behind the accommodation - which is slightly uneven underfoot and mainly shrubs to attract the local wildlife. There is outdoor furniture available in both areas.
The beautiful fitted kitchen includes dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with small freezer, electric oven and a gas hob, microwave, toaster and kettle. China and cutlery for four, a selection of kitchen equipment for cooking. For ease of access, the kitchen units are split level.
The accommodation would be well-suited as a relaxing couple’s stay, giving you the rest and leisure to enjoy the countryside, and a range of local attractions, at your own pace.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in