Peaceful and quiet, yet close to shops, restaurants and pubs With loads of places to visit within easy driving distance, including RSPB bird sanctuaries, stately homes & gardens, the Lake District, Or the bright lights of Blackpool if it's too quiet!
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Twin beds (with pressure relieving matresses)
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Adjustable/electrically operated bed
- Ceiling hoist
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Bed rails available
- Put-u-up bed for carer
- Low level rail in wardrobe
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for right transfer to toilet
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Accessible Fishing
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking (Adjacent to accessible bedroom door)
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
- Accessible counter/cutlery if self service
The property sleeps up to seven (please note that there is no wheelchair access to the first floor), and has been adapted specifically for wheelchair users. It is one of four coastal holiday homes that are run by Allan and Jan Ratcliffe. Allan is a C5 quadriplegic and their main aim is to provide the best possible holiday facilities for disabled people who need more than just wheelchair access.
There is a patio area in the front garden and a wheelchair path to the wide traffic-free promenade which offers a 20 to 30 minute walk into Morecambe town centre and beyond. The owners have tried to cover every detail and have a wealth of equipment and aids on site to assist you during your stay. If you have able-bodied members in your party, they may also enjoy the use of the mountain bikes provided at the property.
Front and rear entrances to house and all internal doorways for wheelchairs are at least 2ft 11 inches (89
cm) wide. The house is comfortably furnished and has central heating.
Spacious lounge and dining room approximately 26ft x12ft 6``(7.8 X 3.9 metres), with panoramic sea view, TV
with freeview and DVD player. Bakare Devon electric-powered reclining chair with adjustable height and foldaway arms, specially designed to allow easy transfer from a wheelchair, leather suite, rocking chair and
extendable dining table and chairs. Fully-equipped kitchen, also with sea view. Includes electric oven / gas hob, dishwasher, dining table and chairs and all other modern conveniences.
Washer/ dryer and clothes drying area in separate laundry room.
Front entrance lobby/study area with same stunning view.
Perfect accommodation with great view for disabled.
A Beautiful Place to Unwind Between Morecambe, a traditional English Sea-side resort, and charming Heysham Village.
Please call us in advance if you require mobility equipment during your stay.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in