Superbly situated in the small village of Airton in Malhamdale, this converted barn with spectacular views of Malham Cove offers luxury accommodation. Exposed stonework, beams and arches are a feature in their well furnished interiors. They are set on our working farm surrounded by rolling countryside, and are ideally placed for exploring the Yorkshire Dales, as seen in The Dales TV programme on ITV1.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
- Accessible counter/cutlery if self service
Set on a working farm, the cottage is part of a converted traditional stone barn dating back to the 1880s. It has a wealth of original features such as exposed stone, oak beams and arched windows and comprises ideal family accommodation suitable for a disabled person - on the ground floor a tiled fully fitted dining kitchen with ample space for coats and boots; a spacious living room; a double bedroom and a tiled wash room with shower, wc and whb. All doors are wide enough to allow the passage of a wheel chair. The first floor has a master bedroom with ensuite shower room, a twin bedded room and house bathroom.
The spacious dining kitchen is fully fitted with full size electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher. The wash room leads off from here as do the stairs. The large original arched window has panoramic views towards Malham Cove and the electric wood burner effect stove gives that extra heat and cheerful glow in the winter months. This bedroom has stripped pine flooring and original pine beams with a king sized bed and ensuite shower room leading off. Views from the windows are of Malham Cove and surrounding countryside. This bedroom with a double bed is accessed from the kitchen and has views across the countryside to Malham Cove.
The enclosed garden has a raised flagged patio area with summer BBQ and garden furniture - an ideal spot for relaxing and taking in the fantastic view of the Yorkshire Dales and Malham Cove. The lawned area is large enough for ball games.
- Heating - All cottages have oil fired central heating and an electric 'log burner' effect fire.
- Entertainment - All cottages have a radio/CD player and TV with DVD player as well as free password protected WiFi. A selection of books and games is also available.
- Kitchen Appliances - The fully fitted kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge with small freezer compartment above, microwave oven and a full size oven and hob.
- Included in Rent - The rental includes all heating, lighting, hot water, linen, duvets and towels.
- Welcome Pack - A welcome pack of local produce is put into the cottage. Further produce can be purchased from the shop.
- Garden & BBQ - The cottage has it's own, separate garden complete with barbecue equipment and garden furniture.
- Walkers Welcome - The cottages are an ideal base for outdoor enthusiasts with a number of stunning walks on the doorstep.
- Wheelchair Access - The cottage has an additional downstairs wet room, fully equipped for wheelchair access.
- Farm Shop & Tea Room - Discover the pleasure of farm shopping and enjoy delicious food from the Yorkshire Dales at the adjacent farm shop and tea room.
Couples and families of all age groups will find plenty to do.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Call 03333 355615
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in