Eildon Holiday Cottages are set in the Scottish Borders countryside near Melrose. Edinburgh and the coasts of Northumberland and Berwickshire are all within an easy one-hour drive. The cottages were originally designed from the realisation that it was very difficult for families with disabled and severely disabled members to find any suitable self-catering holiday accommodation with facilities for all the family to take a holiday together.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Accessible Twin beds
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer
- Adjustable/electrically operated bed (not electrically operated)
- Ceiling hoist
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Bed rails available
- Put-u-up bed for carer
- Low level rail in wardrobe
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for right transfer to toilet (please state preference on booking as some cottages have left, some right and some both.)
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (the cottages are all level access with no ramps)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds
- Emergency pull cord
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables (in the dining area of the cottages)
This is a beautiful cottage with stunning views over the the famous Tweed valley. Sleeps 6. Sunroom/porch leading to living room with feature electric fire. Dining area. Kitchen area with induction hob, cooker, dish-washer, microwave and refrigerator. Large super-king double or twin-bedded room with fully accessible en-suite wet room shower room (rennovated 2014), washbasin and WC. Two further twin bedrooms plus seperate bathroom. Optional overhead tracking hoist (Spectra) from bedroom to shower room (additional hire charge). Upstairs: Two twin-bedded rooms and bathroom with over-bath shower (rennovated 2014), washbasin and WC.
The cottage is entered through a sun-porch. The living/dining/kitchen area is open plan. The fully equipped kitchen has an oven, electric hob, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator with small freezer compartment. The crockery is high quality Denby. There is a shared facility in the Laundry Room, located between The Croft and The Granary, which has a separate washing machine, tumble dryer, chest freezer and payphone.
The ground floor master bedroom has twin beds. The mattresses can be zipped together to form a luxurious super-king size double bed (please state preference on booking). There is a wet room shower room en-suite to the master bedroom which was rennovated in 2014. There is an optional electric ceiling hoist (Spectra) which tracks from the Master Bedroom to the en-suite shower room and transfers to the toilet and shower (Please request when booking). The cottage can be self-contained for two persons at ground level.
Upstairs there are two twin bedrooms and a beautiful bathroom with large bath, over-bath shower and gorgeous hand made wall tiles.
Well behaved dogs are very welcome in this cottage too (£15.00 extra charge) with plenty of walking opportunities right on the doorstep. The cottage is surrounded by open gardens with stunning views over Melrose and the Tweed valley. There are charcoal BBQs for guest use together with picnic tables and even an open barn in case you need to shelter from the Scottish sun (or possibly rain!). The cottage is kept cosy at all times by our state of the art eco-friendly biomass heating system which is on 24 hours a day with temperature control in the cottage.
- 32inch flat screen TV (digital freeview)
- DVD/VHS player
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Knife block
- dustpan and brush.
- Bed linen and towels provided
This is a perfect stay for anyone who would like a time away to a beautiful place with stunning views.
Commode shower chairs, hoists, toilet raiser and more are available. Please confirm your personal needs at time of booking.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in