A few minutes stroll from the LLangollen Steam Railway and the River Dee, Swallows Cottage nestle in the beautiful Dee Valley, a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. The cottage were originally barns built in the 17 century from natural stone, many of those old features still remain. The cottage share a private garden with ample parking.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Twin beds
- Right hand transfer to bed (please state preference on booking)
- Left hand transfer to bed (please state preference on booking)
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom (Furniture can be rearranged to suit individual need)
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer (no but upstairs room within hearing distance)
- Put-u-up bed for carer (bed settee in lounge)
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room (the shower has protective panels for a carer if needed)
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room (up to two)
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin (good)
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair (see photo)
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Designated disabled car parking (gravelled but dropping off point adjacent to the hard surfaced path)
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (ramped)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds (outside patio and access on to the lawn both with stunning views)
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
Dee Valley Cottages are set in beautiful countryside mid way between Llangollen and Corwen in North Wales.
There are two attractive self catering cottages on site, one of which, Swallows, sleeps four plus a cot and has a ground floor accessible room with an adjacent shower room with level access shower. Upstairs there is a further bedroom with king sized bed/twin beds and its own galleried study/chill-out area. Guests also have use of a private decked area and the lawned garden, both with stunning views over the Dee Valley. As well as assistance dogs, the owners accept pet dogs with prior notice.
The views from here are amazing whichever window you look through; views across the valley to the steam railway over the river to the hills beyond. The cottage can accommodate up to four adults and a baby or two in two bedrooms, one is upstairs with a super king size/twin beds, the second is a twin bedroom on the ground floor, The bathroom is on the ground floor, it has a level access shower making the cottage suitable for guests with mobility problems. The lounge and kitchen diner has an open fire two leather settees and a fully equiped kitchen. We provide all power including complementary WiFi, all linen including towels.
This Accessible Accommodation in Wales is suitable for families in all sizes.
Commode shower chairs, mobility scooters, hoists, toilet raiser and more are available. Please
confirm your personal needs at time of booking.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in