A converted barn - all on one level with lovely views and fishing available nearby. Cui Hen Beudy is situated in a very sunny, peaceful and sheltered position. The barn is surrounded by farmland and is very well equipped, approximately half a mile from the village of Talybont-on-Usk, the road passing the barn leads directly up onto the mountains and Blaen-y-Glyn waterfalls and Talybont Reservoir.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room (Two bedrooms, one double and one single)
- Accessible Double bed
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom (both bedrooms)
- Low level rail in wardrobe (There is not one at present but this is going to be fitted so please check with the owners)
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room (one)
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities (and under cover storage)
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (ramped)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds (ramp to secluded rear garden with outside eating area)
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
Sleeps 3, 2 bedrooms. Very spacious and well equipped kitchen with dining table and chairs, electric cooker, microwave and fridge/freezer. Off the kitchen there is a small utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink and access to the garden. The ceiling of the kitchen and sitting room has been left raised to the rafters with the old oak beams being exposed as a feature, both rooms have windows each side and are very light. The sitting room is comfortably furnished with two sofas and chair, large efficient woodburning stove, TV with DVD and french doors leading to the back garden. In this room there is also a top quality sofa bed, which could be used for extra guests.
The light and airy main bedroom has a super king-size bed.
has a single bed, both rooms are attractively furnished.
The main bathroom has a bath, toilet, handbasin and heated towel rail. There is also a shower room with wheelchair access, with a good power shower, handbasin, toilet and heated towel rail.
A disabled persons shower chair is available on request.
Wood flooring throughout the cottage with rugs.
It has level access throughout and benefits from both a wet-room with level access shower and a separate bathroom. Guests are also able to relax and enjoy the tranquility of the area within the secluded rear garden with its outside eating area.
For visitors who enjoy countryside trails, there is a level access trail with stunning views at Talybont-on-Usk Reservoir only 5 minutes drive away, a short accessible section of the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal at Talybont and a longer accessible section starting from the Canal Basin in Brecon. For further details about these and other sites in the area please choose Powys in the counties field on our trails search facility.
- Bedlinen and towels provided and changed each week of your visit.
- Cot and high chair are available on request.
- There is an enclosed paved garden with raised herb bed behind the barn with a ramp up to sunny lawned garden with paved area and picnic table.
- Ample parking and covered storage for bicycles.
- There is ramp for wheelchairs into the barn.
- Gas central heating and electricity.
- The owners keep unusual breeds of ducks and poultry which roam all around and whenever possible supplies free range eggs on your arrival plus a bottle of homemade apple juice.
- Some logs are provided on arrival.
- Dogs may be allowed after discussion with the owner prior to booking.
- Short breaks available in the winter only.
- We especially welcome wheelchair users.
- Non smokers only.
Easy access for activities
This Accessible Accommodation in Wales is suitable for large group of families.
Mobility Equipment is available, which includes disability aids and hoists which are provided for free.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in