The holiday cottage which sleeps 8+ people is situated in an elevated position overlooking stunning countryside approximately two miles from Builth Wells in Mid Wales.
The cottage is just 2 miles from the Royal Welsh Showground the home of so many major events throughout the year which attracts thousands of visitors every month, particularly the Spring Festival, Royal Welsh Show and Winter Fair. The Showground hosts prestigious equine events such as the Welsh Cob Sales, Glanusk Welsh Stallion Show, Welsh National Foal Show, Shetland Pony Breed Show, Brightwells Ponies and Horse Sales to name a few.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room (large room on ground floor)
- Accessible Double bed
- Right hand transfer to bed (This can be made available on prior request)
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom (good)
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Put-u-up bed for carer (There is a bed settee in the bedroom)
- Low level rail in wardrobe (a rail can made available on request)
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room (This is located on the ground floor by the main entrance)
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room (one if required)
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities (could be arranged on request)
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Low level check-in counter (meet and greet service provided)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds (There is access to a large rear patio with lovely views)
- Level/ramped access to dining room (level)
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
The cottage stands in large enclosed lawned gardens with garden furniture and barbecue, and views over the surrounding farmland and hills. Visitors are welcome on the farm, with trout fishing by arrangement. Builth Wells has a good range of independent shops, pubs and other eating places, Wyeside Arts centre/cinema and the Royal Welsh Showground. Footpaths from the door and easy access to walking the Wye Valley Walk and Eppynt Way. Golf 3 miles. This is a peaceful location, ideal for exploring Mid Wales, the Elan Valley and Brecon Beacons.
- Electricity and heating included
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- No smoking inside please
The property has a most impressive, spacious living room with a central woodburner on a raised flagstone hearth, wood floor and two sets of French windows, digital TV, DVD player and WiFi. There is a smart dining area and an excellent fitted kitchen with quarry tiled floor, integrated fridge and dishwasher; freezer and washing machine in adjacent utility porch. Also on the ground floor there is a spacious double bedroom including a sofa, and a wheelchair accessible wet room. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms with en suite shower rooms, and a twin bedroom with family bathroom opposite. The cottage has underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs.
- Sleeps 8
- Open Fire / Woodburner
- Towels Provided
Ideal for group and family stays.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in
Builth Wells,Powys,Mid Wales,Wales