Quarry Cottage located in beautiful countryside near Newtown in Powys, sleeps up to 8 people and has a good sized open plan living area. It is one of 6 cottages situated on site, making it a good holiday base for extended families or groups that have a member with easy access needs.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Accessible Twin beds (by prior request)
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed (on prior request)
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist
- Low level rail in wardrobe (this is a built in wardrobe located on the left hand side of the bed see photo)
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height (except for the shaver socket in the shower room)
- Mirror at accessible height (the mirror in the bedroom is a good height however the mirror in the shower room is high)
- Wheelchair accessible shower room (This is a good size but please note at present there are no grab rails)
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room (good)
- Room for carer/carers in shower room (two carers if required)
- Easy access to wash basin (pedestal basin)
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair (small stool available)
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet (however there is no horizontal grab rail to enable this)
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking (and drop off point adjacent to front door see photo)
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (level)
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds (small patio area)
- Level/ramped access to dining room (level)
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
The open plan dining and sitting area are ground floor and adequate spacing for wheelchair users. French windows open out onto a private private balcony terrace, overlooking the trout pool and beautiful lawned gardens below. On the first floor you will find 2 double bedrooms (one can accommodate an additional bed) and one flexible bedroom room (super king/twin) that can comfortably accommodate two additional beds. All rooms are en-suite with heated towel rails.
The gardens surrounding the cottages are beautifully maintained, with lawned areas, mature trees and well stocked flower borders. A stroll around the grounds reveal the stunning views over the adjoining rolling countryside and the Highgate Valley.
To the rear of the cottages is the delightful mill pond, which provides a wonderful vista from the private balcony terraces of the barns. The pond is stocked with trout and attracts an abundance of wildlife, including otters, throughout the year, whilst red kites are often seen circling overhead. The pond is fully licensed so feel free to bring your fishing rod! We have children's fishing rods onsite which guests are welcome to use!
Onsite we also have an array of different animals, alpacas, pygmy goats, kune kune pigs and miniature shetland ponies. Guests are welcome to explore the 8 acres of pasture land.
4 Bedrooms (Double/Twin)
Ensuite Wet Room
Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Area
Fully Equipped Kitchen
Under Floor Heating
Barbecue / Private Outdoor Seating
Secure Storage For Bikes
Fishing Available Onsite
The Quarry Cottage is perfect if you require a disabled friendly holiday cottage in Wales. The ground floor bedroom is flexible and can be used as a twin/double. Ensuite wet room and adequate space for a wheelchair to move around the ground floor. The sitting/dining area is flat and open planned.
Mobility Equipment is available, which includes disability aids and hoists which are provided for free.
Open plan layout with accessible and mobility aids available.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in