Approximately 10 miles west of Welshpool in the picturesque hills above Llanfair Caereinion lies Madogs Wells, which has three comfortable, well appointed and accessible self catering cottages set around a courtyard area. One cottage sleeps three people in two bedrooms and the other two cottages each with three bedrooms can sleep up to six people.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed (In all three cottages)
- Accessible Twin beds (Two in Blackbird and Swallow cottage each of which can hold up to 22 stone)
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed (Blackbird and Swallow cottage only)
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer (Wrens Nest only)
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist (Blocks available if required)
- Bed rails available (Two different varieties available)
- Low level rail in wardrobe (Blackbird and Swallow cottage only)
- Tea/coffee making facilities at accessible height
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height (Rocker switches)
- Mirror at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room
- Room for carer/carers in shower room
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for right transfer to toilet (Please state preference when booking)
- Space for left transfer to toilet (Please state preference when booking)
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking
- Level/ramped access into accommodation
- Easy access around ground floor
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds (Swallow cottage has an accessible balcony)
- Emergency pull cord
- Level/ramped access to dining room
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables
Cosy cottage, adapted in 1994, sleeps 3 people in 2 bedrooms, - (and change gas fire for electric fire.)
This compact cottage comprises a;
- Lounge-dining room with DVD player
- 2 bedrooms (1 double and 1 single)
- Shower-room with roll-in shower, w.c.
- Wash-hand basin with wheelchair room under
- Support rails and a towel trolley.
The lounge-dining room contains a sofa, easy chair, dining table and chairs, gas fire, Free-Sat TV and radio.
The kitchenette has fridge/freezer, Calor gas cooker, microwave, electric kettle, toaster and tin opener.
- Daily rates are available (minimum stay 2 nights)
- There is a payphone onsite as we have no mobile phone reception here
- Arrival - not before 3pm. Departure - by 10am please
- All cottages are non smoking - thanks.
- Wireless internet available
This Accessible Accommodation in Wales is suitable for large group of families.
Commode shower chairs, mobility scooters, hoists, toilet raiser and more are available. Please confirm your personal needs at time of booking.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in