A family business offering self-catering holidays in a hand built Finnish-style log cabin, set in an unspoilt meadow, 2 miles from Ludlow, known nationally for its quality food, and within easy reach of the glorious countryside of the Shropshire Hills and Welsh Marches.
- Ground Floor Accessible Room
- Accessible Double bed
- Accessible Twin beds (and single on prior request)
- Right hand transfer to bed
- Left hand transfer to bed
- Sufficient wheelchair access around bedroom (good)
- Adjoining room with connecting door for carer (within hearing distance but not adjoining)
- Underneath bed clearance for portable hoist (good see photo)
- Low level rail in wardrobe
- Electric sockets/hairdryer at accessible height
- Wheelchair accessible shower room
- Wheelchair turning space in shower room (good for manual chairs but could be limited for larger powered chairs)
- Room for carer/carers in shower room (two carers if required)
- Grab rails in shower room
- Easy access to wash basin (excellent basin with good underneath clearance)
- Easy access to hand dryer/towels
- Portable shower chair (fixed shower seat but contact details of supplier for portable shower chairs available)
- Shower gel/soap dispensers at accessible height
- Shower controls reachable when seated
- Space for left transfer to toilet
On - Site Facilities
- Electric Scooter charging facilities
- Designated disabled car parking (parking adjacent to smooth entrance with just a short wheel over rough surface of drive)
- Level/ramped access into accommodation (level)
- Easy access around ground floor (excellent access)
- Wheelchair access to gardens/grounds (delightful patio area on two sides of lodge with outside table)
- Level/ramped access to dining room (level access to open plan lounge/dining area)
- Sufficient wheelchair access to tables (good height)
The cabin is set in a field surrounded on 2 sides by a river, and there are several features that connect it to the outdoors, including a wide folding door on the South side, and a large covered sitting area on the West side. All exterior doors have large amounts of glass in them, so you should see and hear the local wildlife.
Internal access around the lodge is very good especially to the larger double bedroom which has its own patio area and would be great for enjoying an alfresco breakfast. The stylish wet-room is both attractive and functional with efficient but unobtrusive grabrails.
Kitchen facilities include an induction hob, single fan oven, washing machine, dishwasher, and microwave. All electrical appliances have been chosen with low energy consumption as the overriding consideration. The kitchen is fully equipped for cooking - one of the attractions of Ludlow is it's great choice of fresh, local food, so if you like to cook, we want to encourage you.
Living room facilities include a TV, with a home cinema that plays DVDs and CDs. The acoustics of the living area are lively, so bring CDs! There are a selection of books, games and DVDs.
Suitable for anyone who is looking for an accessible accommodation in the countryside.
A variety of mobility equipment is available for hire. Our experienced travel consultants can help you with your requirements. Please note
: This must be arranged at the time of booking your holiday.
Free Phone 0800 622 6000
Click here to
search for another accessible accommodation in